9 things you didn’t know about Fancourt
Situated outside George on the Garden Route, Fancourt, with its emerald fairways, is internationally revered in the hallowed halls of the golfing world. What many don’t know is that there is more to Fancourt than golf, though as Africa’s leading golf resort, the sport is quite naturally its best-known calling card.
- Spread across 613 hectares outside George, Fancourt’s close proximity to the Outeniqua Mountain range, forests and the warm Indian Ocean, provides guests and residents with unrivalled access to all the natural splendour that the Garden Route has to offer.
- Visually stunning, it is an internationally acclaimed golfer’s haven. It boasts three Gary Player-designed championship courses, including the world-renowned Fancourt Links.
- The estate is home to a National Monument – the Manor House. Dating back to 1859, the beautiful Manor House is now a luxurious five-star boutique hotel. The Manor House was named Africa’s Best Romantic Boutique Hotel in the 2015 World Boutique Hotel Awards.
- As South Africa’s premier lifestyle estate, Fancourt is home to world-class facilities and numerous lifestyle offerings. Its award-winning holistic Health and Beauty Spa offers guests access to a range of treatments, a heated Roman Bath, saunas, steam room, Jacuzzi and state-of-the-art gym.
- Inclusive and family-friendly – The estate has four restaurants and numerous family facilities, including a Teen Lounge and a Kidz Club, which ensures that everyone is entertained and taken care of.
- With its world-class facilities, many lifestyle offerings, and six different types of residential addresses, Fancourt caters for all individual property preferences. Not only do residents own a piece of this sought-after location, they also have access to the five-star hotel and its luxurious amenities.
- A Secure Estate – Safety is assured with a 24 hour security monitoring system, a security controlled entrance and an electrified perimeter fence.
- An Easy Commute – Many young families choose to live permanently and commute for business as required. Easy access to George International Airport (7km away), the close proximity of Herolds Bay and Victoria Bay – just 12 and 15 minutes’ drive respectively – add to the high appeal of owning a home at Fancourt.
Insights by Stephen Murray |Fancourt
Posted by The Know - Pam Golding Properties