Discover the sanctuary of Hout Bay and Llandudno
With its spectacular sea and mountain views, and vibrant community, Hout Bay has plenty to offer – from beach walks and drumming to curio markets and fresh seafood. Nearby is the exclusive suburb of Llandudno, where a pristine beach takes centre stage; and with no commercial activity or shops in the area, there’s nothing to distract from its natural beauty. It’s just you, the azure sea and the rugged beauty of the granite outcrops that enclose this magnificent seaside sanctuary.
Experience Hout Bay and Llandudno:
- Eat fish and chips with the locals at Mariner’s Wharf or Fish on the Rocks.
- Wander through the eclectic magic of the Bay Harbour Market where you can sample local craft beer, eat artisanal bread and indulge in other epicurean delights, while listening to live music.
- Explore your creative side at the Clay Café, where you can transform a piece of pottery into your very own work of art while enjoying delicious food.
- Take a chartered boat trip to Seal Island.
- Visit the Hout Bay Museum for an insight into the cultural and natural history of this seaside village, dating back to prehistoric times.
- Hop on an open top bus that takes you along Chapman’s Peak, over Suikerbossie past Llandudno and into Hout Bay.
- Or, opt to enjoy this spectacular coastline with Cape Sidecar Adventures.
- With its calm water, Hout Bay beach is an ideal spot for families.
- Enjoy some craft beer, made with locally-sourced spring water, at the Urban Brewing Co.
- Immerse yourself in the colourful work of local artists at the Hout Bay Gallery.
- Enjoy some sun and surf in the peaceful cove of Llandudno. The pristine white sand is also a good spot to play some beach volleyball, before watching the sun set.
- Feeling adventurous? Navigate the rocks to experience the freedom of Cape Town’s secluded nudist beach – Sandy Bay.
- The Riding Centre in Hout Bay offers a variety of equestrian activities for riders of all ages.
- Check out the skating skills of the youth from the local community, and surrounding areas, at the Eyethu Hout Bay Skate Park.
“Hout Bay and Llandudno offer an enviable coastal lifestyle, with the charm of a seaside village. The communities who live here are eclectic and vibrant, making both of these suburbs an excellent choice for families and those looking to embrace their best life, in a spectacular setting.” Shelly Keys. Southern Peninsula Area Manager. Pam Golding Properties
Posted by Anel Lewis