DISCOVER THE SECRET OF THE HELDERBERG
Here are the things you'll (really) love to do in the area
Wednesday 5th of December 2018
We welcome you to discover why we love living in the Helderberg Basin by exploring Somerset West, Strand and Gordon’s Bay.
Things you’ll (really) love to do
- Get a one-on-one single surfing lesson with a coach at your side, every step of the way.
- Embark on an internationally-recognised scuba diving course in Gordon’s Bay and be able to dive anywhere in the world – just by producing your certification card and logbook.
- Splash the afternoon away with the kids at Waterworld in Strand.
- Grab a hat and go strawberry picking in the countryside.
- Immerse yourself in a culinary feast at one of the area’s world-class restaurants.
- Shop until you drop at one of the Helderberg’s many shopping experiences.
- Golfers, take your pick from the Strand, Erinvale and Somerset West clubs.
- Explore mountain bike trails in spectacular surroundings.
- Visit the Helderberg Nature Reserve and reset your stress levels.
- MonkeyTown is not just a primate centre but also a wildlife centre with over 700 animals in total to admire.
- Blue Rock Adventure Park is the perfect water-sport outing for the whole family.
- The Helderberg is one of the Western Cape Wine Route Regions and there are several well-known and beautiful wine estates in the Somerset West area of the Helderberg, including Vergelegen, Morgenster, Waterkloof, Lourensford and Avontuur wine estates.
Located in spectacular surroundings, the towns of the Helderberg – Somerset West, Strand and Gordon’s Bay – are framed by mountain ranges and the dramatic False Bay coastline. Homes here enjoy enviable views and easy access to the Cape Winelands and some of the best beaches in the Cape.
With its choice of excellent schools, as well as other amenities including shopping centres, medical facilities and plenty of outdoor activities, Somerset West is becoming a sought-after area for families to settle. It offers a range of homes, from contemporary houses in luxury estates to expansive properties with panoramic sea views.
Nearby Strand and Gordon’s Bay provide a coastal village lifestyle that appeals to residents and visitors. Gordon’s Bay’s Bikini Beach was awarded Blue Flag status for this year, and is popular with beachgoers of all ages. Younger and first-time buyers particularly are drawn to Gordon’s Bay and Strand for its laid-back pace, and accessible property market.
“Whether it’s a sense of sophistication or a laid back village lifestyle, the Helderberg Basin has consistently reliable investment opportunities for every sector and price band of the property market, be it for a family home or as a rental property. If you would like to discuss any property related-topic, do visit us at our Sanctuary Mall office.” Louise Varga, Helderberg Basin Area Manager, Pam Golding Properties
Posted by Niki Jackson