DISCOVER THE SECRET OF THE HELDERBERG
Things you’ll (really) love to do
- The Helderberg is one of the Western Cape Wine Route Regions and there are several well-known and beautiful wine estates in the Somerset West area of the Helderberg, including Vergelegen, Morgenster, Lourensford and Avontuur wine estates.
- Embark on an internationally-recognised scuba diving course in Gordon’s Bay and be able to dive anywhere in the world – just by producing your certification card and logbook.
- Splash the afternoon away with the kids at Waterworld in Strand.
- Grab a hat and go strawberry picking in the countryside.
- Some of the Cape’s top restaurants are in the Somerset West area, including The Restaurant at Waterkloof and Camphors at Vergelegen.
- Golfers, take your pick from the Strand, Erinvale and Somerset West clubs.
- The Helderberg Farm Trail is one of several mountain biking options in the area. It offers a range of trails, for riders of all skill levels, with superb views across False Bay.
- The Country Craft Market at Southey’s Vines in Somerset West is not to be missed. Expect to find about 180 stalls featuring beautiful crafts at this popular open-air market that is open on Saturdays during summer.
- Visit the Helderberg Nature Reserve and reset your stress levels.
- MonkeyTown is not just a primate centre, it is also a wildlife centre with over 700 animals to admire.
- Visit the cheetah sanctuary at Cheetah Outreach to learn more about the world’s fastest land animals.
Located in spectacular surroundings, the towns of the Helderberg – Somerset West, Strand and Gordon’s Bay – are framed by mountain ranges and the dramatic False Bay coastline. Homes here enjoy enviable views and easy access to the Cape Winelands and some of the best beaches in the Cape.
With its choice of excellent schools, as well as other amenities including shopping centres, medical facilities and plenty of outdoor activities, Somerset West is becoming a sought-after area for families to settle. It offers a range of homes, from contemporary houses in luxury estates to expansive properties with panoramic sea views.
Nearby Strand and Gordon’s Bay provide a coastal village lifestyle that appeals to residents and visitors. Gordon’s Bay’s Bikini Beach was awarded Blue Flag status for this year, and is popular with beachgoers of all ages. Younger and first-time buyers particularly are drawn to Gordon’s Bay and Strand for its laid-back pace, and accessible property market.
“Whether it’s a sense of sophistication or a laid back village lifestyle, the Helderberg Basin has consistently reliable investment opportunities for every sector and price band of the property market, be it for a family home or as a rental property. If you would like to discuss any property related-topic, do visit us at our Sanctuary Mall or Waterstone offices.” Louise Varga, Helderberg Basin Area Manager, Pam Golding Properties
Posted by Niki Jackson