An open mind is a happy one…
Stay stimulated with these online courses
Tuesday 19th of May 2020
It’s been said that when you open your mind, you “let happiness in”, so why not try an online course to explore something new?
Perhaps you have always wanted to learn how to play the piano, or you would like to code your own programmes. There’s certainly no shortage of online courses that will allow you to nurture your mind, at your own pace and from the comfort of your home.
And the good news is that many of these now being offered at greatly reduced rates, or for free.
- Udemy offers a myriad of free or reasonably priced courses ranging from marketing and accounting, to how to be a happiness life coach. Many of the courses, that can start at any time, are now available at discounted rates – so it’s the perfect opportunity to upskill.
- Looking to add a Google qualification to your CV? Coursera is a world-wide online learning platform offers a host of courses from more than 190 universities and organisations, including Google and IBM.
- Alison provides free online courses for advanced learning, across nine broad categories – from IT and language, to marketing and lifestyle. The site also offers a career guide, advising which certificate or diploma courses would be best to advance a particular career path.
- FutureLearn has courses designed by leading universities, business schools and specialist organisations. You can choose from short courses or online degrees to obtain an internationally recognized qualification – without having to leave the house.
- Wanting to try your hand at the guitar, or the drums? School of Rock has virtual one-on-one lessons for all ages and experience levels.
Posted by Anel Lewis