THE ATLANTIC SEABOARD – AN AFRICAN COTE D’ AZUR
Things you’ll (really) love to do
- Safely lose yourself at the V&A Waterfront, the most visited place in Africa and a mecca for luxury shopping, exquisite local art, markets, boats, dockside buskers and close-up views of Table Mountain.
- Spend time at Battery Park, the new urban park at the gateway to the V& A Waterfront. There’s a skate scooter park, as well as a multisport court for general basketball or mini soccer. The whole family can enjoy the outdoor park with its swings, jungle gym and scooter path. Or, have fun in the canals with stand up paddling and other water sports.
- Visit the Zeitz MOCAA, the first museum of contemporary art in Africa.
- Hire a bicycle and cycle on the Sea Point Promenade, the place where local runners and dog-walkers meet.
- Cultural enthusiasts should watch a spectacular show at Theatre on the Bay in Camps Bay.
- Surround yourself with indigenous mountainside flora and sea views as you surrender your senses to a luxury spa or dining experience at the award-winning Twelve Apostles Hotel.
- Take a thrilling leap off Lion’s Head or Signal Hill in a tandem paraglider and view Cape Town from an unusual angle.
- Sink your bare feet into the white, sandy Blue Flag beaches of Clifton and Camps Bay.
- Enjoy the sunset over the Atlantic Ocean from your choice of restaurants, bars and beaches.
- Watch a movie under the stars at the Galileo Open Air Cinema.
- Don’t miss the Oranjezicht Market every Saturday, where locals and farmers produce meet.
- Be seen with the fashionable set at Shimmy Beach Club or the Grand Africa Cafe and Beach.
- Get outdoors and active with the free gym on the landmark Sea Point Promenade, or take part in a parkrun through the Green Point Urban Park, happening every Saturday.
Amongst the natural splendours to be found along the Southern tip of Africa, lies a winding piece of coastline that continues to steal the heart of both its locals and the world’s most seasoned travellers. It is unsurprising then, that Cape Town’s Atlantic Seaboard has become Africa’s cote d’azur. Framed by magnificent mountains on one side and a turquoise ocean on the other, the areas along this breathtaking coast are famous to the famous, making the Atlantic Seaboard a worthy playground and valuable property investment.
“The Atlantic Seaboard comprises one of the most scenically beautiful strips of real estate in the world, perched on the slopes of a mountain with a magnificent coastline below sporting world-class beaches and the most breath-taking views. There is no doubt that properties located in this sought-after strip offer one of the most compelling lifestyle propositions anywhere in the world, and with the extensive listings now on offer, now is surely the time to stake your claim and to secure your place in the playground of the rich and famous.” – Basil Moraitis, Atlantic Seaboard Manager, Pam Golding Properties.
Posted by Niki Jackson